Since 1999 Moving.com has been the recognized online leader of providing easy-to-use and effective resources and tools to help with local, long distance, and international moving needs. Our network of moving companies, storage facilities, and truck rental providers is the most trusted in the industry, a result of our Commitment to Quality which requires all member companies to be properly licensed and insured. We connect site users with our network of moving service providers, providing up to six free "no obligation" quotes from qualified professionals looking to compete for their business. In addition, our customized online moving tools, mortgage rates tables, and useful articles are recognized by our satisfied customers as providing essential moving information designed to save time and money. Whether users are researching, budgeting or in a big hurry trying to schedule a move, Moving.com provides the resources and tools needed to successfully manage all stages of the relocation process.
Moving Quotes: Find a mover by tapping into the Quick Quote System, the largest database of moving companies anywhere. Get free quotes based on move size, route, and timing. Our quotes cover moves of every type and size: large and small, international, long-distance and local, full-service and self-service.
Truck Rental: Get competitive quotes and Moving.com exclusive discounts on one-way or local rentals. Our clients offer various truck sizes and moving accessories.
Storage: Locate storage facilities in the city, or vicinity, you specify. Quick results show distance from your home, features of the facility, and special offers available. Select the facilities that interest you and get quotes.
Mortgage Quotes: You can view real-time, side-by-side comparisons of mortgage rates, points, and fees. Research national and local lending companies, and then select the ones you want to contact you.
Moving Boxes & Supplies: Save time and save money by ordering boxes, shipping materials, and other moving goods – including pre-packaged moving kits - directly from manufacturers.
City Comparisons: View side-by-side, city-to-city comparisons that include cost of living, taxes, home and insurance costs, as well as quality of life factors such as population, crime index, and weather. (Provided in partnership with On Board LLC)
Real Estate: Search over 3 million new, existing and rental properties on Realtor.com® , the official site of the National Association of Realtors ®
Statistics on Moving:
- In 2008, for the first time ever, July passed June as the most popular month to move, with 12.5% of moves picked up that month. November came in as the slowest month. (Source: AMSA – Industry Trends)
- 42 million people move each year in the U.S. – 1 in 4 adults.
- 91% of new movers found the Internet reduced the stress of moving.
- Almost 66% of first-time home buyers consider the Internet essential to the home-buying process.
- People who are moving spend more during the 3 months surrounding their move than non-movers spend in 5 years.
- Relocating homeowners spend as much as $10,000 on "feathering the nest" purchases alone; relocating apartment dwellers spend around $4,000.